Pasta e Fagioli Bake
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. olive oil
can white kidney beans (cannellini)
can plum tomatoes in juice
3/4 c. chicken broth
1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 c. grated Romano cheese
2 tbsp. grated Romano cheese
slice firm white bread
1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In large saucepot, cook pasta in boiling salted water as label directs. Drain well, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking water. Return pasta to saucepot; set reserved cooking water aside.
- Meanwhile, in 4-quart saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until browned, stirring occasionally. With slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain.
- Pour off all but 1 teaspoon bacon fat from saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add onion and 2 teaspoons olive oil, and cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1 teaspoon minced garlic, and cook 1 minute, stirring. Stir in beans, tomatoes with their juice, chicken broth, pepper, and cooked bacon, breaking up tomatoes with side of spoon; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To pasta in saucepot, add bean mixture, 1/4 cup Romano cheese, and reserved pasta cooking water; toss well. Transfer mixture to 3-quart casserole.
- In small bowl, toss bread crumbs with parsley, remaining olive oil, remaining minced garlic, and remaining 2 tablespoons Romano cheese until evenly coated. Sprinkle crumb mixture over pasta. Bake pasta 15 minutes, uncovered, until hot and bubbly and top is golden.
Video: Pasta e Fagioli Recipe
What is Waist Circumference
15 Moving Photos That Show the Beautiful, Raw Reality of Childbirth
How to Make a Motte and Bailey Castle
Are Your Rights in Jeopardy
Coconut Blackberry Cake
Right Time to Go to the Hospital for Labor
Sarah Hyland Shuts Down Thin-Shamers Who Told Her to Eat SomeBread’
Remembering Elizabeth Edwards: Breast Cancer Claims a Superhero
Hair Salon in New York City, NYC
30 Days Of Superfoods: Green Tea For Reduced Arthritis Inflammation
Date: 18.12.2018, 13:17 / Views: 62543