Mushroom-Stuffed Meat Loaf
Carol Wapner, associate director of the GH nutrition lab, feels that too many people think of meat loaf only as an economical meal. She loves making this for her big blended family (which includes 2 children, 5 stepchildren, and 9 grandchildren) and for company because of the mushroom stuffing, which adds an elegant touch. Besides, Wapner says, "I just happen to be a stuffing lover."
- In nonstick 12-inch skillet, melt margarine or butter over medium heat. Add onion and cook until golden, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high; add mushrooms and cook 5 to 8 minutes longer until mushrooms are browned.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir in parsley, thyme, 3 cups bread crumbs, and 2 tablespoons chicken broth; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In large bowl, mix ground beef, eggs, catsup, salt, pepper, remaining 1 cup bread crumbs, and remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth just until well combined but not overmixed.
- Press half the meat mixture into 9" by 5" metal loaf pan; top with all of the stuffing. Press remaining meat mixture into loaf pan over stuffing.
- Place loaf pan on jelly-roll pan to catch any drips during baking. Bake meat loaf 1 hour and 30 minutes. Let meat loaf stand 10 minutes in pan.
- Pour off fat from loaf pan. Invert meat loaf onto platter before slicing.
Video: Cheese and Mushroom Stuffed Meatloaf
Opioid Drug Abuse Skyrockets: Here’s How to Play It Safe
The Best Places To Find Stylish, Cheap WorkoutClothes
Hydro Skin Reviews
Runners Knee Causes and Treatment
Dont Let Asthma Spoil your Summer Fun
Jimmy Kimmel son heart condition explains healthcare, Graham Cassidy campaign
How to Make Pop Bottle Biodiesel
Rude and dismissive’: Lorraine Kelly reveals the worst celebrity she’s ever interviewed
Top 5 Gluten-Free Snack Bars
How Do I Treat Lymphoma in My Skin