How to Make Hotel Reservations for Student Groups
When a group of students travel together, there are several details that need to be taken into consideration. There needs to be an adequate number of chaperones, and if it is an overnight trip, you will need to find a hotel that can accommodate a group your size. This can often be a challenge, especially if you are trying to book a hotel in a popular area during a busy season. Make hotel reservations for student groups by shopping around for good rates and booking well in advance of the trip.
Get an accurate number of travelers.Knowing how many students are going will have an impact on where you stay. Some hotels have limits to the number of rooms they will reserve for groups, or a maximum number of people who can take advantage of group discounts.
Set a budget.Determine how much can be spent per student or as a group before you make a reservation.
Shop around for a good deal.Check out a few hotels in the area you will be staying and compare rates.
- Call the hotels. Many people book hotels online, but when you are making a reservation for a group, it is better to speak to someone so you can explain your needs.
- Ask about group discounts. Many hotels offer a reduced rate when you book a group of rooms together.
- Find out if there are other perks available in addition to a group rate. These might include upgrades for chaperones or free movies and games in the rooms.
Choose the hotel you want to stay in.Once you have compared several hotels, pick one that can accommodate your student group and provide reasonable rates.
Give the hotel a deposit.Each hotel has different policies about how much of a deposit is required on group reservations.
- Find out when the balance will be due. You might need to pay in full when you check in, or at the time of check out.
Provide a list of student names to the hotel, if requested.This will help the hotel assign rooms to each guest. If you want to have certain students stay together, indicate how guests should be paired or grouped in the rooms.
- Note the names and contact information of the chaperones and other traveling adults.
Make sure appropriate restrictions are placed on charges that may be made to the rooms.Let the hotel know that the students in your group are not permitted to make phone calls, access the mini bar or take advantage of any other amenities you might want to restrict.
Be sure to thank the hotel after your stay if you had good service.Managing a large group of students can require extra attention from hotel management and staff.
- Let the hotel know you appreciate their good service by writing a positive online review or completing a survey card they provide.
Video: Life of a HOTEL MANAGEMENT student
Psoriasin Advanced Treatment
5 Ridiculously Tasty Warm Winter Smoothies
Breathe Easier During Ragweed Season
How to Be a Perfect Example
Add These Ingredients to Your Eggs to Lose Weight
Chocolate Spritz Cookies
11 Fixes For A Weak Bladder
How to Get Rid of Love Handles
How Men Really Feel About Using Condoms
60 Metallica Tattoos Designs For Men – Heavy Metal Ink Ideas