Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Sauce
Note: The fats in this dessert are mainly from the almonds, coconut oil and dark chocolate.Compare the calories of 398 to other traditional chocolate cheesecakes of around 560 calories.
Yields: 16 servings | Serving Size: 1 slice | Calories: 412 | Total Fat: 25 g | Saturated Fat: 12 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Carbohydrates: 43 g | Sodium: 152 mg | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 29 g | Protein: 9 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 17 |
- 1 cup raw almonds with skins
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons (unrefined) melted coconut oil, optional pure unsalted butter
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, reduced fat, room temperature
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, low-fat
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, plain, fat-free
- 1 cup raspberry jelly (I like Polaner Spreadable Fruit, sweetened with fruit juice)
- 1 1/2 pints fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crust- Use a double boiler to melt chocolate. Add almonds and oats to a food processor and pulse until a fine crumb consistency. Combine in a medium bowl almond mixture, melted chocolate and coconut oil. Add to a 9" springfoam pan and press crumbs evenly on bottom and 1/2" up the sides of the pan. - Place plastic wrap over the fingers of one hand and press the crumbs in place. Refrigerate crust while preparing filling.
- Filling- Use the same double boiler to melt chocolate, turn off heat when completed melted. Cover and leave pan on burner while preparing filling. Chocolate should still be warm when adding to the filling.
- Add to a large mixing cream cheese and ricotta cheese. Using an electric mixer, beat cheeses until light and fluffy and there are no longer visible lumps. Add coconut sugar and continue beating until incorporated, about 30 seconds. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat just until incorporated. Add yogurt and vanilla and beat until combined. Pour warm chocolate into mixture and mix until chocolate is well combined.
- Pour filling into prepared crust, place on a cookie sheet and bake on the center oven rack 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until top is set and some giggle will still be visible in the center.
- Place cheesecake on a cooling rack and cool to room temperature, about 3 to 4 hours. If any cracks appear in the cheesecake, don't worry as they will be filled in with the topping and no longer visible.
- Place plastic wrap over the pan and refrigerate overnight or until completely chilled. Remove from the refrigerator and allow to set at room temperature about 5 minutes. Run a warm knife around the outside of the cheesecake before releasing sides of springform pan. It is recommended to leave the cheesecake on the bottom part of the springform pan for serving.
- Sauce- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, add jelly and stir until melted, remove from heat. Add raspberries to warm jelly and gently toss to coat.
Video: Fresh Raspberry Sauce – Raspberry Coulis Recipe | Borrowed Delights - Episode 70
How Successful are Birth Control Methods in Hindi Video
23 Staples to Build Up Your Wardrobe
The Fruit That Messes With Your Meds
How to Sing Your First Solo
What Your Hips Reveal About Your Sex Life
How to Get Rid of Sore Breasts (for Teenagers)
How to Get off a Slippery Boat Ramp
Circumcision Controversy Continues
Moschino AutumnWinter 2014-2015
Are You at Risk for Heat Stroke
How to Encourage Your Child to Eat Healthy Snacks
How to Make Rice Paper