Black and White Checkerboard Cookies
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
2 1/2 c. plus 1 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
3/4 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 c. semisweet chocolate chips
large egg white
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the baking powder, salt and 2 1⁄2 cups of the flour.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, and beat to combine. With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated.
- Transfer half the dough (about 1 1⁄2 cups) to a bowl; set aside. Add the chocolate and remaining 1 1⁄2 Tbsp flour to remaining dough and mix to combine. Between 2 sheets of wax paper (you'll need 4 total), roll each portion of dough (chocolate and vanilla) into a 1⁄2-in.-thick, 11 x 4-in. rectangle. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Remove top sheets of wax paper from dough and brush top of vanilla rectangle with egg white. Place the chocolate rectangle on top; press gently to help it adhere. Cut 1⁄2-in.-thick strips of the dough. Working with 2 strips of dough at a time (a strip is comprised of the vanilla adhered to the chocolate, so you need 2 of those), brush the cut side of one with egg white and gently press it onto the other, alternating the vanilla and chocolate doughs to form a checkerboard-patterned log. Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper. Cut the logs into 1⁄8-in.-thick slices and transfer to the prepared baking sheets, spacing them 1 in. apart. Bake until just set and golden around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes. Immediately transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Video: Easy Checkerboard Cookies - German Recipe step by step
Review of Younique 3D Fiber Lash Mascara
Top 10 Conversations to Have with Your Child
Christmas hacks – 83 brilliant money-saving ideas to try if you LOVE Christmas
How to Create an iBook
Pull-Ups and Chin-Ups for a V-Shaped Torso
The Warning Signs of Meningitis
When Guilt Is Good For You
How to Use Rubbing Alcohol
Patriots Cheerleaders Pay a Touching Tribute to Opponents Cancer-Stricken Daughter
English Pea Salad
Celebrities Are Obsessed With Curtain Fringe This Season
Date: 03.12.2018, 20:37 / Views: 91164